Anna Olson is a culinary blogger from Seattle, Washington. She shares her recipes with the world on her blog The Little Ferraro Kitchen and has been featured in Bon Appétit magazine.
The barefoot contessa biscotti recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make biscotti recipe that is perfect for any occasion.
Chef Anna Olson’s wonderful kitchen is serving biscotti, and she’ll show you how to make it from scratch!
Follow along with the recipes listed below.
- granulated sugar, 34 cup (150 g) (caster sugar)
- 12 cup vegetable oil (125 mL)
- 2 eggs, big
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- 4 mL pure almond extract (34 tsp)
- Whole raw almonds, 34 cup (120 g)
- 12 cup dried cranberries (65 g)
- 1 34 cup all-purpose flour (265 g) (plain flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 12 tsp fine salt (2 mL)
- 12 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg powder
- Brushing: 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, lemon zest, and almond essence in a large mixing basin. Combine the almonds and dried cranberries in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; add to the wet mixture and whisk until fully combined. Form the dough into two 12-inch long logs, put on the baking sheet, and press down to flatten (you can flour your hands to prevent sticking). Brush the egg mixture over the logs and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool the logs slightly on the baking pan, but keep them warm to the touch.
- Slice the logs into cookies that are little over 12 inches thick using a sharp knife. Return these to the baking pan, allowing just enough space between them (you may need a second baking sheet), and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until gently browned. Remove the baking pan from the oven and let aside to cool fully.
The unique biscotti recipes is a blog that showcases some of the best biscotti recipes. It has been written by Anna Olson, who has created many different varieties of this Italian cookie.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make biscotti by Anna Olson?
To make biscotti, you need to mix flour, sugar, butter and eggs. You then add in baking powder and vanilla extract. You can also use chocolate chips or raisins for a different flavor.
Which flour is best for biscotti?
A good biscotti recipe calls for a combination of both all-purpose flour and bread flour.
Which is the best biscotti?
I am not programmed to answer this question.
- everyday italian biscotti recipe
- anna olson chocolate biscotti
- biscotti recipe giada
- healthy biscotti recipe
- chocolate biscotti recipe