Tambli is a spicy, tangy and sweet chutney made with mangoes, green chillies, tamarind and other ingredients. It can be served as a condiment on bread or rice.
The banana flower curry recipe is a chutney made from banana flowers and coconut. It has a sweet, sour, and spicy flavor that goes well with curries.
Delicious chutney and tambli are made using banana blossoms. When the chutney and tambli are served with a bowl of steaming hot rice and congee, it makes for a delicious meal.
They are said to help in the clearance of kidney stones. Bondi is the Konkani word for banana flowers/blossoms. Bondi chutney and bondi tambli are the names given to the chutney and tambli produced from banana blossoms, respectively.
Bananas are made from banana blooms that resemble the following:
Pollination occurs when the flower blooms layer by layer, resulting in the formation of bananas.
A portion of the bloom remains at the tip of the banana bunch after the bananas have been produced. In Konkani, this is known as bondi and is used in cooking.
Chutney may be made in the following ways:
- 1 banana blossom
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 1 tblsp. tamarind juice
- peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 red dried chili peppers
- 1 chili (green)
- 1 tblsp. clarified butter
- season with salt to taste
To make tambli, use the following ingredients.
- To make tambli, you’ll need 1/4 cup curds.
- 1 tblsp. ghee (or oil)
- 1 red chili, dried
- 1 curry leaflet 1 curry leaflet 1 curry leaflet 1 curry leaflet 1 curry leaf
Time to prepare: 25 minutes
Method of Preparation:
Preparing the banana blossom consists of the following steps:
1. Peel the banana flower’s outer peels off one by one until you’re left with the white interior part of the banana flower.
2. Chop the white part of the banana blossom finely. To eliminate any bitterness, place the pieces in a dish with salt and turmeric.
All of the totally white peels may also be used. Chop them finely and use them to create chutney as well.
The banana flower’s hard outer parts aren’t utilized in cooking. The soft inner layers are utilized.
The bits oxidize and become brown after being cut.
3. Let it soak for 10 minutes in the water. Remove all of the pieces from the water and set them aside.
1. In a pan, melt the ghee and add the cumin seeds and peppercorns.
2. When the cumin seeds begin to sputter, add the green chilli and dried red chilies, split into bits, and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Cook for a minute after adding the chopped banana blossom.
4. Season with salt and 1/2 cup water, and simmer covered over medium heat.
5. Remove the banana blossoms from the fire after they are fully cooked.
6. Allow for full cooling.
7. Once the cooked ingredients have cooled, blend them together with shredded coconut and tamarind into a smooth paste, using just as much water as needed. The chutney should be thick.
8. Place the crushed chutney in a mixing basin.
Suggestions for serving
With a dish of hot steaming rice or conjee, serve the chutney.
You may have the chutney with curd rice as well.
This chutney goes well with idlis and dosas.
Bondi tambli/banana blossom tambli preparation:
1. Toss 1/4 cup curds or sour buttermilk into the chuntey and thoroughly combine.
2. If necessary, dilute the tambli to get the desired consistency.
3. Season the tambli with salt and pepper as needed. In a tadka pan, melt the ghee and add the mustard seeds. When they begin to sputter, add the dried red chilli, split into bits, and the curry leaves, and continue to cook for a few seconds. Mix this spice into the tambli well.
4. Serve with rice.
Other tamblis include:
Tambli Tora Tora Tora Tora Tora Tora Tora Tora Tor (Taikile Palle Tambali)
Tambli of spring onions (Onion Tambli, Piyava Tambali)
Tags: banana flower chutney, banana blossom tambli, bondi tambli, bondi chutney, Konkani cuisine, Konkani food, Konkani dish, Udupi cuisine, Mangalore cuisine
The bale hoovu chutney is a type of tambli (Bondi Chutney) that is made from banana flowers.
- banana flower snack recipe
- banana blossom curry
- banana flower poisonous
- banana flower sabji
- banana flower juice