This low-carb avocado tuna salad recipe is a light and refreshing dish that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s also keto-friendly!
Avocado tuna salad is a low-carb, keto recipe that can be made in under 20 minutes. It is full of flavor and healthy fats. Read more in detail here: tuna avocado salad keto.
Avocado tuna salad is one of our favorites! Our simple tuna salad recipe is usually a crowd pleaser. We’ve now added avocado to the tuna salad for a creamy and tasty twist on a classic tuna salad.
Amazing Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe!
It’s very easy to prepare and, best of all, it’s suitable for both lunch and supper. Serve it over a bed of fresh green lettuce, kale, or arugula. It’s ideal for a low-carb tuna salad lunch. You may also add it to a low carb tortilla, flat bread, or whole wheat crackers if you want to add a few extra calories and carbohydrates. Send this dish to anybody who loves tuna and avocado, because they will enjoy it as much as we do. If you’re trying to drastically reduce your carb intake, this is a great dish to try. You’ll be on your way to a delicious dinner without a lot of guilt in minutes.
Recipe for Tuna Salad with Avocado (Video)
This Avocado Tuna Salad may be served in a variety of ways.
There are many ways to enjoy this dish; here are a few suggestions. It’s suitable at every time of day and event, as previously said!
- For a great salad, serve it on a bed of lettuce. Toss in some cucumbers and tomatoes, chopped.
- Do you like blue cheese? That’s an additional layer of taste to indulge in! Wow, this tuna avocado salad with blue cheese is out of this world.
- To make a very simple wrap, roll the filling in a tortilla.
- It’s also a great appetizer. Surround a bowl of tuna salad with crackers and veggie crudités and you’ll be amazed how well it works as an appetizer.
Avocado Tuna Salad (Keto & Low Carb)
The texture of canned tuna varies greatly. Sometimes it’s chunkier, drier, or mushier. Depending on how creamy and flavorful you want your mayo to be, adjust the quantity. Some people like their tuna extremely creamy, while others prefer it drier. As a result, you may personalize it to your liking. Everyone has a favorite tuna brand, and this is the clear winner in our kitchen: Tuna from Genova
- 10 oz. drained tuna (two 5oz. cans)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or more depending on how creamy you want it to be)
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 2 tblsp. red onion, diced
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- season with salt to taste
- to taste, freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or spicy sauce (optional)
- lemon juice, freshly squeezed, to taste (optional)
- 1 big avocado, sliced into bite-size chunks (or more avocado if you’re feeling extra adventurous!)
Using a strainer, remove any extra water or oil from the tuna. Add tuna to bowl and carefully break up big pieces (you may use olive oil instead of mayo if your tuna is packaged in olive oil). The olive oil has a distinct flavor, but it has a comparable fat and smoothness).
Add the mayonnaise, celery, red onion, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, and/or spicy sauce if desired, as well as the lemon juice. Add the avocado and fold it in. Smash the avocados until you have the texture you want. Make it smoother by adding additional liquid, or leave it chunky by stirring slowly.
For a keto dinner, serve the avocado tuna salad over a bed of lettuce or with cucumber slices.
321 calorieskcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 393mg, Potassium: 416mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 173IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg, Vitamin A: 173IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium
Main course, salad, side dish, and a snack
Check out more of our tried-and-true recipes.
Here’s some more excellent tuna recipe ideas. Please share this recipe with us on social media if you prepare it! We’d love to see what you’ve come up with in the kitchen! Also, please write a 5-star review below.
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
Avocado tuna salad is a low carb, keto recipe that has a lot of flavor. This recipe calls for avocado and red onion, but you can also add in celery, green onion, or even jalapeno! Reference: avocado tuna salad calories.
- tuna avocado salad recipe
- 3-ingredient tuna avocado salad
- tuna salad with avocado and egg
- creamy avocado tuna salad
- tuna and avocado recipes