Air frying has quickly become a favorite of home cooks and chefs who love the convenience of being able to cook without the use of a deep fryer, but still get the same great results. But what exactly is air frying? It is a method of cooking that is similar to baking a chicken in the oven, except you are using the power of the elements instead of an oven. As the name implies, the food is subjected to high heat from the air surrounding it. The food is stirred every so often so that it cooks evenly.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs | Asian Glaze! These chicken thighs serve 2-3 people when they are cooked at 350 degrees. They are best when made with boneless thighs, but thighs without the bone can be used. The thighs will be moist after cooking in the air fryer, but if they are overcooked they will become dry and rubbery. The Asian glaze is a fairly simple concoction of soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. You will want to use 2 tablespoons of each of these ingredients for the batch of thighs, but you can adjust the recipe to make it less or more depending on your taste.
I’ve been seeing the air fryer around more lately, and I’ve been hearing all the benefits of using it. It’s marketed as a healthy cooking appliance, but I can’t help but wonder if it’s really all it’s cracked up to be.
We enjoy fried foods just as much as you do, so we had to come up with a simple and tasty fried chicken foot recipe! It’s a high-protein dish that’s perfect for a fast lunch or dinner. A little effort and a lot of flavor!
foods that have been fried
Dinner may feel overwhelming after a hard day at work or a long night on the sofa watching Inheritance on HBO (highly recommended!). You should purchase an Airfryer if you haven’t already for fast and simple cooking! Here are some of our favorite hot air fryer recipes to cook on a daily basis or ahead of time:
- Pork chops (breaded!) fried
- Meatballs fried
- From the frying, jalapeo poppers (if you feel like snacking and watching TV all night).
- Giant deep fried cookies (for when we’ve had enough of the day and supper is the only option lol).
Sharpness at a high temperature!
Only when we roast veggies outside do we make sure the temperature is lower (350 degrees or less). We raise the temperature to 390/400F for meat to guarantee a crispy exterior! Even Delish’s ideal steak recipe calls for 400 degrees F.
However, since the temperature of all fryers differs, our recipe may call for a 10-12 minute cooking period while, in fact, it may result in a cooked steak, which no one likes! To be safe, keep a watch on everything you cook in your fryer until you have a better understanding of how it works.
Is it better to ice or not to ice?
Matt cooked the chicken legs in the hot air fryer without a glaze, as you can see in the video above, and they were still soft and tasty. I’m more of an appetizer type, so the glaze would be my choice. It may be rapidly prepared in a skillet while the chicken legs cook, and it can even be served as a side dish for those who desire it.
List of Keto Foods (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 other people who are getting a FREE keto nutrition list and fresh recipes every week!
Instead of wasting this delicious marinade, reduce it and thicken it, then keep it in a jar in the fridge to use on meat throughout the week! You may also use it to boost the fat content of a salad or veggies.
Legs of fried chicken
It’s OK if you don’t have hips on hand. Any kind of beef will suffice. Chicken drumsticks are a personal favorite of ours and are vastly underappreciated. The chicken drumsticks are delicious, and there are many more in the fryer. If you’ve never cooked meat in your deep fryer before, we recommend starting with these fried chicken legs. You will not be dissatisfied!
More chicken dishes may be found here.
On our cooking blog, you’ll discover a variety of interesting choices, which you can even filter by dish or ingredient! Here are a few of our go-to chicken dishes:
- Oiled chicken
- Caprese salad with chicken
- Chicken with cashews
- Burger King-style chicken fries!
I just included the first four, but there are many more, so have a look!
Legs of fried chicken
A sweet and spicy Asian chicken leg dish that’s simple to make in the hot air fryer.
1 hour and 15 minutes total time
Calories in a single serving: 338 kcal
Time to cook: 1 hour
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the tamari, stevia, garlic, sriracha, ginger, and salt.
- Place the chicken legs in a zip-lock bag with the marinade and seal it. Shake and coat well.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat the fryer for two minutes at 400°F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it in the roasting pan skin side up.
- Cook in batches, if required, for 14 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until center is cooked. After 2 or 3 minutes, turn the chicken legs so the skin is facing up if you like a crispy skin (like us!).
- In the meanwhile, pour the marinade from the bag into a small saucepan and simmer for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened, by whisking in the xanthan gum. Remove from the heat and place in a small mixing dish.
- Place the cooked legs on a platter, glaze them, and serve.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container.
- Note: If you want to boost the fat content of this dish, add 1/4 cup avocado oil to the marinade!
1 boiled leg has 1 gram of net carbohydrates.
Information about nutrition
In a deep fryer, deep-fried chicken legs
Amount per serving
338 calories 171 calories from fat
*Percentage of daily expenses
19 g29 percent fat
1 gram of carbohydrates
Protein content is 40%.
* Percentages are calculated based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Obviously: The main dish
fried chicken legs, fried chicken legs, fried chicken legs, fried chicken legs,
Hush! Are you the one who did it? Add us to your Instagram feed! We’d love to see your work! Leave a comment and review below or tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs | Asian Glaze!. Read more about soy sauce chicken air fryer and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can.
Do you put oil on chicken in air fryer?
Yes, you can put oil on chicken in an air fryer.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in an air fryer.