This recipe for Mom’s Meatloaf 50’s Prime Time Cafe is a perfect example of how Disney chefs use the best of the old with the new. This dish has been around since 1952, and it still tastes as delicious as ever!
Caring is shared!
Disclaimer on the Recipe
- Walt Disney World Guest Services or a Disney Chef at the restaurant gave me the recipe for this Mom’s Meatloaf 50’s Prime Time Cafe.
- The Disney Chefs may have reduced down Mom’s Meatloaf 50’s Prime Time Cafe recipe for the home cook. For The Recipes Of Disney, I make no modifications to the recipes that Disney has provided me.
- Photos of the cuisine were taken on different visits to Disney throughout the years. All of the dishes on The Recipes Of Disney came from my own Disney recipe collection, which began in 2013.
[intro] Head to Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World resort when you’re craving comfort cuisine from home. The 50’s PrimeTime Cafe, located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, serves comfort cuisine from mom’s kitchen. Mom’s Meatloaf is the greatest item on the menu! [/intro]
Remove your elbows off the table.
The Hollywood Studios Primetime Cafe is about growing up in an age with restrictions like keeping your elbows off the table and finishing everything on your plate or you won’t receive dessert. Your waitress is named “Mom,” and you’re taken to a period before mobile phones, when you had to obey dinner table rules like eating your veggies or you wouldn’t receive dessert.
Food that makes you feel good
It’s all about comfort cuisine at the 50’s Primetime Cafe. This Disney restaurant at Hollywood Studios serves meals similar to those your mother would prepare for you. This Disney menu has nothing unusual on it; it’s just comfort food, plain and easy.
Meatloaf from Mom
Mom’s meatloaf has been a family favorite for generations. This Disney eatery is well aware of this. So, of course, mom’s meatloaf recipe will be served.
Mom’s meatloaf glaze is what makes this meatloaf dish so delicious in my view. This Disney dish is one of the simplest to prepare at home and tastes delicious.
On my other site, Seduction In The Kitchen, I confess to using modifications of this Disney meatloaf recipe. This is definitely a successful Hollywood Studios recipe!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES FROM THE HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:
If you’re looking for some comfort cuisine at Disney, go no further. Make your way to Hollywood Studios! In the 50’s PrimeTime Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Mom’s Meatloaf is the greatest item on the menu! , Are you unable to attend? Then here’s how to make it according to Disney!
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
1 hour to prepare
10 minutes of extra time
1 hour and 20 minutes total
If you’re looking for some comfort cuisine at Disney, go no further. Make your way to Hollywood Studios! In the 50’s PrimeTime Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Mom’s Meatloaf is the greatest item on the menu!
- 2 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound pork ground
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 12 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red peppers, chopped
- 2 TBS WORCESTERSHIRE SEASONING
- to taste cracked black pepper
- to taste kosher salt
Glaze for Meatloaf
- 12 c. ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar (brown)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon)
- 12 TBS WORCESTERSHIRE SEASONING
- Set aside diced peppers and onions for later use.
- Combine the meats and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Toss in some veggies.
- Place the meat mixture in a loaf pan that has been greased.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 1 hour (internal temperature 155°F).
- To make the glaze, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Meatloaf glaze should be applied to the meatloaf.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes for the meatloaf to rest before cutting and serving.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 805 calories 46 g total fat 17g Saturated Fat 1 gram of trans fat 23g of unsaturated fat 330 milligrams of cholesterol 870mg sodium 25g carbohydrate 2 g fiber 9 g sugar 68 g protein