In 2021, the entire world will feel the same hunger for a highly nutritious breakfast, but how do you find the best keto cereal in order to make the best choice? We have taken on the task of finding the best keto cereal that is available in order to help ease your hunger in 2021.
One of the most common questions we hear from readers is, “What is the best keto cereal in 2021?” We’ve come up with a list of our personal favorite seven in this article. We’ve excluded all those products that have artificial sweeteners, fillers, or other unhealthier ingredients. We also left out the non-cereal products like “keto”-flavored protein powders, as well as those that contain ingredients that are missing on keto—like sugar alcohols. Here are our top picks.
There is a lot of confusion surrounding the ketogenic diet and we all need to be clear on what it means and what it does not mean. For those that want to lose weight, the ketogenic diet is a great way to go. On this diet, you consume a lot of fat and very few carbs and this is a great way to lose weight fast. If you are new to this diet and don’t know a lot about it, then here are some things you should know.
Muesli is a dish that you can never get enough of. Whether you’re a toddler learning to chew, an elementary school kid who enjoys cereal with milk, a teenager who enjoys cereal as a snack, or an adult who enjoys cereal for breakfast, there’s something for everyone. There is now a healthier alternative to our childhood’s sugary cereals. Take a look at our top picks for the best keto cookware.
Here are our top five recommendations:
- Catalina Crunch is by far our favorite and most often purchased keto granola. Almost every flavor is delicious, but our favorites are the cinnamon toast, maple wafers, and fruit!
- On this list, the Magic Spoon is the sweetest and most comparable to conventional breakfast cereals. All of the tastes are very tasty. This product is for you if you wish to replace the grains from your childhood.
- High Key Cereal, which makes both hot and cold cereals, is another dependable option. They also have a lot of other excellent keto options!
- Nuco Coconut Crunch has by far the finest ingredients, but it also has a few extra carbohydrates.
- Grain School – Low in carbohydrates, yet lacking in taste and sweetness.
Continue reading to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each choice. Wait till the end to learn how to prepare keto porridge at home!
Grains are high in carbs, which we discover as we get older. Many cereals include components with a high sugar level, as well as significant quantities of artificial flavors and/or colors, due to their high carbohydrate content. Our bodies no longer operate as well as they once did as we become older, and ordinary muesli is no longer suitable. So, what’s a good granola substitute? Don’t worry, there are nutritious grain alternatives; don’t listen to those who tell you differently.
Is it possible to find low-carb granola? Is it possible to get sugar-free granola? How about a granola that’s devoid of gluten? What about a granola that contains genuine fruit, is low in sugar, and is high in protein? It’s excellent news that this is correct. We recommend five grains that are both tasty and healthful. Finally, if you’re in the mood for something different, we’re presenting one of our favorite dry breakfast recipes: keto granola crunch.
List of Keto Foods (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 other people who are getting a FREE keto nutrition list and fresh recipes every week!
What exactly is Keto?
Before we go into the finest porridges for the keto diet, let’s clarify what the keto diet is. The ketogenic diet is characterized as follows:
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that is comparable to the Atkins and low-carbohydrate diets. The goal is to cut carbohydrate consumption significantly and replace it with fat. The body enters a metabolic condition known as ketosis as a result of the decrease in carbs.
Your body becomes extremely effective at burning fat for energy when this occurs. It also turns liver fat into ketone bodies, which the brain may utilize as an energy source. A ketogenic diet may help you lose weight by lowering your blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the higher ketone level, offers certain health advantages.
The keto diet essentially encourages individuals to consume meals that are rich in fat and low in carbs. It’s logical that individuals following a ketogenic diet would wish to avoid high-carbohydrate grains, but aren’t all grains rich in carbs? Those who claim that granola cannot be consumed on a ketogenic diet are mistaken.
People on the keto diet used to have to give up their favorite grains until keto grains, as they’re known, became popular. Fortunately, those days are over, and keto dieters and granola eaters may now coexist.
The finest morning cereals for a nutritious start to the day
It was tough to narrow down the list of keto porridge meals to our favorite low-carb keto porridge dishes since there are so many excellent keto porridge dishes out there. These five keto porridges, on the other hand, we discovered to be among the finest keto porridges on the market. If you like granola, you should definitely try one (or all) of these keto granola breakfasts.
They’re low in net carbohydrates (just a few per serving), include healthful ingredients like cinnamon, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds, and utilize natural sweeteners like monk fruit. They’re also low in saturated fats. In fact, these keto porridges aren’t only for breakfast; they can be had anytime you like. Let’s make breakfast healthy and enjoyable once again.
The top 5 keto breakfast cereals
1. Crisp Catalina
Make an agreement with Catalina Crunch.
Catalina Crunch is the first on our list of nutritious and delicious grains appropriate for the keto diet.
- Granola was a difficult choice for Catalina Crunch to make since, while being rich in empty calories and sugar, it still tasted delicious. They believe that a tasty granola may still be made without a lot of carbohydrates.
- Catalina Crunch has developed a granola that is made with high-quality ingredients. Sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-carb components are used. It’s a low-carb granola, that’s correct. They really have a lot of low-carb granola choices.
- Here are some delectable tastes to try: Fruit, cinnamon toast, dark chocolate, honey and graham, mint chocolate chip, maple waffle, and chocolate and banana are some of the options.
- The excellent nutritional content of the low-carb, ketosis-friendly Catalina Crunch flakes is another significant feature: they include up to 11 grams of vegetable protein, 9 grams of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and just 5 grams of net carbohydrates.
- Their grains are also high in fiber and protein, which is beneficial since it helps you feel full by taking up more stomach space. You will feel fuller for longer, which will assist you in avoiding overeating.
- Catalina Crunch is a wonderful keto morning cereal, snack cereal, and all-around tasty cereal. In fact, you won’t even realize you’re eating keto friendly granola since it’s so tasty.
- Catalina Crunch provides keto biscuits and keto smoothies in addition to its outstanding keto porridge.
- All of their cereals are created using low-sugar components and plant-based protein sources.
- The list of keto cereal choices is limitless, but if you’re searching for a gluten-free, grain-free, plant-based protein cereal that’s also vegan, low in sugar, and devoid of artificial chemicals, Catalina Crunch Keto Breakfast is a great choice.
2. Cereal spoon with magical powers
Making a market with the grains from the Magic Spoon
Magic Spoon Cereal is ranked third on our list of low-carb and keto cereals. With minimal net carbohydrates per serving and a range of healthful and delicious tastes, Magic Spoon is the keto lover’s dream granola.
- Milk protein mix, cocoa powder, turmeric extract, and vegetable juice are just a few of the high-quality components included in Magic Spoon cereals.
- The Magic Spoon is likewise gluten and grain free, with 11 grams of protein and 3 grams of net carbohydrates (or net carbs per serving). In comparison, Fruit Loops, a popular non-ketogenic morning cereal, has just 2 grams of protein and 21 grams of net carbohydrates.
- The Magic Spoon’s granola is made with ingredients that you can enjoy without feeling bad about. It’s a fantastic ketone porridge.
Grain with a high key
High Key cereals are available at a reduced price.
High Key Cereal is the next keto cereal on our list.
- High Key Cereal takes pride in being gluten-free and guilt-free. They’re so sure of their keto breakfast cereals that they’re willing to give you your money back.
- Maple brown sugar is one of the most popular tastes. Maple syrup is a flavor that everyone enjoys. The maple brown sugar from High Key Cereal is a popular product. Yes, you heard me correctly, sexy dad. High Key’s hot cereal is so good that it can take the place of oatmeal for morning.
- Despite its name, maple brown sugar hot cereal has relatively little sugar, making it a protein-rich and nutritious choice.
- It’s simple to prepare, has 14 grams of fat, 9 grams of protein, and is grain-free. You can be confident that with 14 grams of protein, it will keep you full for a long time and, most importantly, that it is nutritious. Isn’t this the ideal protein granola?
- This ketone-friendly porridge may be made with almond milk instead of normal milk if desired.
- High Key Cereal also sells a variety of boxes that include two of the most popular ketone cereals: strawberries and cream with cinnamon spice and blueberries and cream with cinnamon spice.
- High Key Cereal offers a nutritious and tasty protein porridge that you will enjoy if you are searching for a protein-based porridge. If you’re on a low-carb diet, this protein keto porridge is a great way to up your protein consumption. These keto protein cereals come in five flavors: cocoa, fruit, cinnamon, frosted, honey, and hazelnut, as well as a set that includes all five flavors.
- These sugar-free, low-carb, gluten-free protein keto pans are packed with protein. They’re ideal for breakfast or a quick snack, as well as being nutritious and guilt-free.
Nuco Coconut Crunch is number four on the list.
Nuco Coconut Crunch cereal is the next low-carb and keto cereal on our list.
- Nuco Coconut Crunch has this to say about their low-carb, delicious keto cereal:
Our Coconut Crunch cereals breathe fresh life into a plethora of sugary and carbohydrate-laden cereals. This delectable new choice is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) and devoid of grains, gluten, refined carbs, and added sugars, making it an excellent anti-inflammatory breakfast option for customers.
- Nuco Crunch Coconut Keto Muesli is a grain-free muesli that is devoid of harmful components including gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, added sugars, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- To make breakfast even more healthy, top the Nuco Coconut Crunch with wonderful breakfast toppings like cinnamon, coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, or even oats.
- To create a tasty, low-carb, keto-friendly dessert, Nuco Coconut Crunch suggests using non-dairy milk, such as almond or oat milk.
Grain school #5
Cereal School, a nutritious, tasty, and guilt-free keto cereal, is next on our list.
- Cereal School is a high-protein, crispy cereal that is sugar-free.
- They come in a variety of tastes, including B. : Peanut butter, fruit, cinnamon rolls, cream cookies, berries, apple pie, and cocoa puffs, which you should try if you enjoy cocoa puffs. These keto porridges are great for breakfast or as a quick keto snack.
- The components in all Cereal School keto cereal types are nutritious and guilt-free, putting your mind at rest. B. Sunflower oil, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, and milk protein isolate.
- The Cereal School advises using unsweetened nut milk, such as almond milk, if you wish to have keto porridge with milk.
- Keto School breakfast cereals are also low in net carbohydrates, so you can feel good about your morning cereal addiction.
- Cereal School aims to ensure that its clients get nutritious and delicious morning cereals that are ideal for a keto meal or snack. They’re confident that keto porridge can be both tasty and low-carb, and they back it up with evidence.
General Mills’ Wonderworks
This porridge is really a visual delight. This is the first keto porridge that is accessible to the general public, and it was introduced by none other than Walmart!
- The ingredients in Wonderworks are of extremely high grade. Allulose, erythritol, and stevia are the sweeteners, and we utilize and encourage them as part of the keto diet.
- Currently, they just seem to produce chocolate and peanut butter flavored cereals, but knowing General Mills, they will soon grow.
- These flakes are delightfully crispy and go well with their favorite beverage, almond milk!
- When creating a Reeses Puff keto porridge, the tastes are robust and go well together, including peanut butter and chocolate.
- Per one-cup serving, there are just 3 net carbohydrates and 15 grams of protein!
- We were blown away by the first keto porridge on the market. It costs $6.98 at Walmart, reducing the price per ounce to only 68.4 cents! It is the most inexpensive keto cereal on the market today, with a per-serving price of just $1.01.
Switching to this keto porridge, whether you’re on a low-carb diet or not, is extremely doable without breaking the bank. It’s one of the healthiest low-cost keto cereals on the market, and it’s a fantastic choice for people wanting to make a gradual shift to a healthier way of life.
You can create your own keto granola flakes at home.
We can assist you if you’ve tried several kinds of keto granola and like them, but now want to try creating your own for morning. Making your own muesli has the benefit of allowing you to control the ingredients. You may pick and select the ingredients you want to include in the recipe and leave out the ones you don’t.
Create a dish that fits your tastes, or make an unique recipe as a present for someone else. You may use coconut oil, coconut milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, or even coconut flakes as intriguing additions. You may also add some cinnamon if you like it. If you prefer coconut for breakfast, unsweetened coconut flakes may be added for added crunch.
This is not the keto porridge recipe for you if you want a granola recipe without any additions. You’re better off avoiding this one if you’re searching for a nut-free keto porridge dish.
This is one of our favorite granola recipes since it’s low in pure carbohydrates and saturated fats while still being simple to prepare. Let’s get started on this simple granola recipe, shall we?
Extensions that are optional
You may definitely add cinnamon to this recipe if you prefer cinnamon muesli. No one will criticize you if you add 2 or 3 ounces of cinnamon, which is why this recipe is so simple to prepare and modify.
After all, this keto porridge dish is perfect if you want to make a little change.
Getting together with pals
If you like this keto porridge recipe, please share it with your friends and family. It’d also make a fantastic stocking stuffer or Christmas present. If you have a cinnamon-loving aunt, sprinkle an ounce or two of cinnamon on top for her. If you have a buddy who doesn’t like cinnamon flakes but loves coconut, you may make his keto porridge using coconut milk and coconut oil.
Who says low-carb granola has to be bland?
More keto-friendly recipes
If you liked this in-depth review, you’ll be happy to know that we also have reviews of the most popular keto products on the market today. Keto meal delivery choices at their finest The most popular keto subscription package 50 Best Keto Fast Food Recipes Protein Powder for Keto Diet
Who says keto porridge needs to be tasteless and uninteresting? Anyone who thinks otherwise is incorrect, in our opinion, after seeing our list of excellent keto breakfast cereals. You may continue to eat your favorite granola without feeling bad. Keto porridge keeps you fuller for longer while still providing all of the advantages of porridge. So go ahead and grab a bowl and a grin.
Recipe for Keto Cereal
Pecans, almonds, and coconut are used to make crunchy cinnamon flakes.
Calories in a single serving: 325 kcal
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
1 hour of rest time
Time to cook: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans, almonds, and coconut flakes 3-5 times until everything is finely chopped and mixed (you can also chop them coarsely with a knife if you like).
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat. Allow 5-10 minutes for the mixture to color and caramelize, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Allow approximately 5-7 minutes for the oil to cool before adding the other ingredients. To mix, stir everything together.
- Pour the nut mixture over the browned butter mixture in a large mixing basin. Stir everything together until it’s completely coated.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 60 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon every 15 minutes, then flatten again on the baking sheet.
- Allow for full cooling before slicing into pieces. To keep it fresh, store it in the refrigerator!
Serving size: 1/10 of a recipe ** Net carbs: 2g Put granola in zip lock bags and keep them in the fridge for a fast snack!
Information about nutrition
Recipe for keto cereals
Amount per serving
325 calories 288 calories from fat
*Percentage of daily expenses
Fat content: 32 g/49 %
Carbohydrates account for 72% of the total.
Fibre in the diet (5g/20%)
Protein content: 5g/10%
* Percentages are calculated based on a 2000-calorie diet.
A beginner’s course
Keto Granola is the key term.
Hush! Are you the one who did it? Add us to your Instagram feed! We’d love to see your work! Leave a comment and review below or tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect.
The ketogenic diet has been getting a lot of press lately as a healthy and effective way to lose fat and maintain muscle while getting all the necessary nutrients. Lots of dieters swear by it, claiming they’ve lost dozens of pounds and achieved new health goals. While this diet’s benefits are definitely real, there are a few things to consider before you jump on the bandwagon. First, this diet has many variations that you need to be aware of, such as cyclical ketogenic diet, low carb high protein, low carb high fat, etc. Second, the ketogenic diet is not the same for everyone. Our bodies are different, and what works for our friends may not work for us. Third, this diet is not for everyone, and. Read more about general mills keto cereal and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What cereal can I have on the keto diet?
You can have any type of cereal you want, but it is important to note that some cereals are higher in carbs than others. For example, a cup of oatmeal has about 12 grams of carbs while a cup of rice has about 20 grams.
What is the lowest carb cereal?
The lowest carb cereal is probably a granola bar.
Is WonderWorks cereal really keto?
Yes, WonderWorks cereal is keto.